Physiological or biological stress is an organism's response to a stressor such as an environmental
condition or a stimulus. Stress is a body's method of reacting to a challenge. According to the stressful
event, the body's way to respond to stress is by sympathetic nervous system activation which results in the
fight-or-flight response. In humans, stress typically describes a negative condition or a positive condition
Some Helpful Tips For Reducing Stress
1. Before going to bed, set out breakfast items and lay out everything you'll need for
work or school so you simply pick-up-'n-go in the morning.
2. Get up 20 minutes earlier so you can have a non-rushed breakfast. (if you need an
alarm clock to wake you up in the morning, you aren't going to bed on time, say sleep
3. Walk whenever possible (take the stairs instead of the elevator, hand-deliver work
4. Plan grocery shopping, banking, and post office visits so you hit the non-chaotic times
(e.g. don't grocery shop on Saturday afternoon, don't go to the bank on Friday afternoon,
and don't try to mail a package on Monday morning).
5. Go to the bathroom before leaving home or work (simple, but amazing stress
6. Look for the humor in every situation. Humor allows you to jump out of the picture so
you can get a grip on things.
7. Get an answering machine so you can accept phone calls on your schedule, not other
What are some other ways you can think of to reduce or manage stress? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this topic, so leave a comment below! Have a relaxing and stress free day!